Paid Teaching Internships
20th June to 8th July 2022
Maths, Physics and Computing Internships
Are you currently studying Physics, Maths or Computing at university?
If you are passionate about your subject and think you could inspire and engage others, then you could earn £300 per week whilst gaining employability skills and work experience on our Teaching Internships programme.
Our Interns follow a structured 3-week programme in the summer term. The programme will include professional development sessions, exploration of teaching, learning and behaviour management and insight into the Maths/Physics/Computing curriculums. During the time spent in our host schools, you will be observing lessons, taking part in 1:1 support with students and working with groups of pupils.
Red Kite is proud to be working with Northern Lights, offering opportunities across the region for you to gain experience where you live.
How does it benefit me?
• You will find out if teaching is right for you by being immersed in school life.
• You will gain employability skills relevant for any career/sector.
• You will gain a unique insight into teacher training and the application process.
• You will meet current trainee teachers to find out more about teacher training.
What do I need to qualify for the internship?
• Applicants will be current university students.
• You must have an ‘A’ level at B or above in Maths, Physics or Computing if your degree subject is not Maths, Physics or Computing.
• Your degree subject should be related to Maths, Physics or Computing.
How do I apply?
Please express your interest for an application form.
What happens next?
Upon successful completion of the internship, we guarantee you an interview for our teacher training course and support with an early entry application.