Red Kite’s part-time courses are flexible, two-year training programmes designed specifically for people who have family commitments or need to work while training. You’ll be able to:
- Manage your own time to meet course deadlines.
- Combine the flexibility of online learning with the stability of in-class instruction.
- Save time travelling to training venues.
- Benefit from a personalised training programme designed to fit around the demands of your everyday life.
These are available through the SCITT route with Red Kite Teacher Training and School Direct routes with Red Kite Teacher Training, North Star and Swaledale Alliance. Start your application here.
Part time course structure
- Option 1 – Trainees will train two days per week throughout the two years and then complete a full-time teaching practice of 8 weeks at the end of year two in term 5 and 6 (finishing in June). This is perfect for people who need to train part-time but wish to work as a full-time teacher at the end of the programme and show employing schools that they can manage the full-time workload. This route costs £11,000 for the two years.
- Option 2 – Trainees will train two days per week throughout year one then 3 days per week in year two (finishing in June). This is ideal for someone who wishes to teach part-time as a teacher after graduation. This route costs £11,000 for the two years.
To keep disruption and travel to a minimum all of our professional development takes place at our network of training venues across Leeds and North Yorkshire.
*or international equivalent
Experience of being in a school and/or working with young people is preferred and will be beneficial during the application process. You can contact us to arrange school experience.
You must be eligible to study in the UK. We are unable to sponsor student route visas.